Friday, August 2, 2013

I missed a Holiday!


International Friendship Day was July 30. Cant believe I missed it! Well the next Friendship Day is August 4.😎
Lately, friendship has been on my mind.
Ok. So I have been blessed with a number of friends that I consider to be true in the way they were meant to be friends to me and I to them.  There are some that I can expect to call me out if I'm wrong.  Some who sat with me in hospital rooms. Some were just there to laugh and talk, most of time giving me an important life lesson to learn from. But what is one to really do when it's time to just face the fact that what was once perceived a friendship is dwindling away? What if that person has been with you on this roller coaster of life through all of those times you were hanging on for dear life? And what is that one thing that makes it ok to just walk away? These are questions that may be plaguing someone. 
Are friendships included on that list for "spring cleaning"? And after you've said "out with the old, in with the new", could you ever be friends with that person again? Are friendships not a two-way street?
I'm flooding this post with these questions, but that is only to say that I do believe some friendships will be seasonal and some timeless. So just keep on thinking about what Jesus would do in your particular situation and remember that he is the best friend we will ever have.  Also, know that tomorrow is not promised to anyone so... Don't wait until the next friendship day rolls around to acknowledge your friends.

Here's a pic:one with some friends!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so true. Never forget your friends.