Sunday, August 4, 2013

Work in Progress

Today, something my grandmother asked me as I talked to her before I head off for school makes me want to evaluate my plans for the future, which seem to always be a work in progress. When I say that I am ready to be back on my college campus, I mean just that: I am ready to go! Not to say that I haven't  had a wonderful and blessed summer. But apparently I implied that I do not like Jackson, MS. 
Well, that is not true at all. I love my hometown for what it is and for what I am hoping that it will be based on all of the new things being added to make our city more beautiful. Of course, all of us who live in Jackson know what state we are in right now, though: it could be better. But after all the talk and all the elections of city officials, when are we going to face the music and just get up and DO SOMETHING?  My granny tells me that it seems like the up and coming young people go away to college and get fancy degrees, only to just come back home to visit. She hopes that I will not become part of that number. So...now, I think I will add that to my plan: How can I contribute to the city of Jackson and pursue my dreams at the same time.

P.S.
"Map out your future,but do it in pencil."-Jon Bon Jovi

No comments: