Wednesday, August 14, 2013

One of the Best Summers!!

I feel I must acknowledge this past summer as one of the best that I can remember in a while since 2009. I know four years seems like a short time, but for me it feels like it went by in slow motion. But this summer, everything felt like it was moving in a good direction for me. Not as fast-paced as I am used to, but filled with a variety of productive things: a paying job, cooking, and singing.
Being able to spend the summer away from school gave me the motivation I needed to push forward and reminded me of all of things I want to do and accomplish in my life. It made me remember that I must speak good things into existence, while still praying to God daily. It reminded me that I have been blessed in so many ways despite all of the challenges and roadblocks that have been placed. It reminded me that taking a detour meant I was able to connect to others in a way that's still inexplicable to me. I saw people I haven't seen in years and it was like no time had passed at all. 
I have to say that all of this makes me feel like I have a fresh start with everything. Old things have passed away and everything is new. Every moment I am given I will spend like I spent my summer: being a positive force and just being me. ✌

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord!! Oh yes, God is good and he will never leave you nor forsake you. It's good to remember and stay in touch with friends. Things happen for a reason. You're truly blessed to have had a great summer!!

papa smurf said...

sometimes we make our plans and get upset when things do not go our way or as we have planned but a higher power is in control and has already made our plans we just cannot see it. glad you enjoyed your summer and i am elated that it went well for you. as someone once told me take life one day at a time and make the most of it.