Friday, August 23, 2013

Follow Your Own Advice

I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but recently, I get the feeling that someone wants me to prove that I am worthy of my blessings. Now lets be real: we are all unworthy of the many blessings that The Lord bestows upon us, so why should this one person placing his/her expectations on me bother me? 
Truth is: I AM HUMAN
After making it through what I am going to call my Big Event, why should I care what anybody thinks I have to prove other than the fact that I am a regular college student experiencing the universal struggle that goes with it, and also trying to be a better me, the me that's pleasing to God's eyes?
Why should it matter what someone thinks I should have, or when they think I should have it? 
Although it seems that I have everything I want, I do not have everything I want in this life.( that's a post on its own) and I'm sure most people my age and even those older have some goals and aspirations that they have yet to accomplish. 
Nevertheless, I am hoping that I am able to follow this advice that I am about to give, hoping that it is in that ray of light about to shine upon my current situation: don't let other people's expectations of you get in the way of what you are working towards in your life. Don't let what a parent, grandparent, or best friend says in negativity slow you down. Let that drive your ambition further. If there is anything to prove, it's to prove them all wrong. This does not mean you are being selfish or stubborn. It just means you are seeking God's purpose, not your parent's, best friend's, or any other benefactor you have here on earth. 
If you know that God has good things planned for you and you are seeking that faithfully, then I am positive that he will clearly direct your footsteps on that path. Don't look back... Just keep walking forward!!

No comments: