Tuesday, August 26, 2014
My thoughts on Artistry
I must be entering a new phase in my life. Either that, or I guess I'm just discovering Me. I didn't realize until the summer how much I really love Stevie Wonder. I do not have nearly enough of his work in my music library, so nearly every week I hear another song by him that touches my soul. That says a lot about his music in my opinion. I do feel that if a person's work touches another person in some way, even if the person was just getting something off his or her chest, then the music was actually music. It's kind of like the tree falling in the forest and only one person being a witness to it. I'm pretty sure that when Stevie Wonder was writing, he didn't have me in mind. He was writing what was in his heart, and it is that music that has transcended into my heart this day.
Labels:
Music matters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment