Every day, I wake up thinking "I will just be Bri today," but something always happens and my friend will say, "ooo now where you going Shirley?" Or if I am seen doing a dance that looks like a twerk in the slightest way and I am wearing a wig I am known as "lil Kim". On the other hand, if I am talking about my homemade jelly and jam I am referred to simply as "Kathy". Now you may wonder what this has to do with anything.
Sometimes I wonder that too, truthfully. But that's just who I am I guess. At least those closest to me know those good sides of me and most importantly the reasons why I am who I am. If you know me, you know I own the fact that I may have what they call an old soul, and that I don't try to fit any one mold society has set for young black women. If I want to knit, I'm gonna knit a scarf one day, sing a song, then dance to a "rachet" song afterwards, don't I deserve the right to do so?
So for the readers, just have fun and be yourself. You will regret not doing that because no one else will do it for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment