I realize what it means to separate yourself from people and situations and forget about the consequences for a second and seek God. Truly seek him and listen to what he is saying to your heart. Sometimes it's a whisper. My answer, I feel is coming in stages. Each time I get a new test and I hear the voice more clearly each time.
When I was diagnosed with cancer, I was sixteen years old and in high school. I didn't know what it meant to take care of myself. I didn't know what friends would stick around once they knew. I didn't think about where I would be in four or five years. I just wanted to be me. I just wanted people to know I was still the same person.
Now, over four years later, it's like I've been given another test with the same questions on it, but this time I was away from home, with new friends, and two obvious options: take care of myself and finish the education I was afforded, or feel sorry for myself and give up. The later would have meant proving so many things said to be true. But I chose to PUSH FORWARD
I have opened myself up to see where improvements need to be made and because of this I am still here. I am constantly reminding myself that without God, I simply would not be alive. Point Blank Period.
No comments:
Post a Comment